WARNING! Portable electric generators can be extremely dangerous.
Put Safety First!
- Never connect a generator directly to your home’s wiring.
- Never plug an electric portable generator into a regular household outlet.
- Use proper electrical cords.
- Make sure your generator is properly grounded.
- Carefully read and follow all manufacturer instructions, suggestions and safety precautions.
- Always follow local, state and national fire and electrical codes.
- Always have a fully charged fire extinguisher nearby.
- Never operate indoors — protect yourself from carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Never fuel a generator while it is operating.
Escambia River Electric Cooperative, Inc. strongly encourages our residential customers to have a properly licensed electrician install the equipment necessary to safely connect emergency generators.