Use Caution with Fireworks and Remember these Safety Tips:

– Sparklers are not safe for small children. They burn at temperatures up to 2,000 F, hot enough to melt some metals, and can set clothes on fire.

– Ignite fireworks in a clearing, away from power lines, homes, other structures, dry leaves, grass and other flammable materials. Never light them in any type of container.

– Keep a bucket of water handy in case of emergencies and for fireworks that fail to ignite or explode.

– Check instructions for storage, but generally keep fireworks in a cool, dry place.

– Do not place any part of your body directly over fireworks while you are lighting them, and immediately move away as soon as the device is lit.

– “Homemade” fireworks kits are illegal. Never try to make your own.

– After fireworks have completely burned out, soak them with a hose before throwing them in the trash to help prevent fires.

Have a fun and safe Fourth of July!