Safety First on July 4th
EREC wishes you a safe and happy Fourth of July holiday. If you plan to celebrate with fireworks, remember these safety tips from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission:
- Keep a bucket of water nearby in case of fire.
- Children should be spectators, not participants, in the show.
- Read and carefully follow directions and warning labels. Most injuries result from improper use.
- Keep spectators at least 20 feet away and not downwind from where the fireworks will be set off.
- Light fireworks only on a smooth, flat surface away from all flammable materials, including dry leaves.
- Never try to relight malfunctioning fireworks.